7 Quick Takes Friday. Whew. What a week. Go to Jen's for more.
1. I have been battling mastitis all week. I haven't had time to properly take care of it, but I am doing the best I can. Melanie seems to becoming a worse nurser as time goes by, and is depending on the bottle of pumped milk more and more. I bought my very own pump this week, because I can see the handwriting on the wall, pumping and bottle feeding is going to be the way she eats for the foreseeable future. She nurses for comfort only it seems to me. When she tries to eat that way she gets frustrated and squirmy. After I pump, and then try nursing again, she relaxes, but doesn't get as much. Then she drinks the previously pumped bottle. It is working, as she is now nearly 10 pounds, but very time consuming.
2. I am actually gaining weight, I think, since she was born. I haven't been able to be nearly as intentional with my food, because I can't get to the store to buy the "special" healthy food I was eating, and I don't take the time to make the healthy food that I have around here. I spend an inordinate amount of time in my chair, nursing, or pumping, all the while snacking because I am so hungry. I must work in some exercise somewhere.
3. I got her birth announcements addressed and bought stamps. Only the task of mailing them left.
4. I did the first of the summer buzz cuts around here. One more of those, and then a few trims for the girl's hair (maybe Super Cuts can do those?), and we are ready for warm weather. Did you hear that, midwest, we are READY FOR WARM WEATHER. Not HOT, not COLD, but WARM. Thank you for your cooperation, midwest.
5. We did our first full week of school since the baby's birth. It was challenging, but we did it. Felt good. We had choir rehearsals, and an upcoming concert this Sunday. Took the little ones to the library, and they had a blast. Started up our co-op again for school. Very nice to do that again. Busy week. Good week. Tiring week.
6. I am loving Perrier water, especially the Citron flavor. It was on sale this week, and I stocked up. Delicious!
7. I am craving cheese enchiladas. I am going to the store to buy the makings, and that is what we are having for dinner. Amen. I'll eat healthy tomorrow. See number 2. Maybe I'll go for a walk after dinner??
Ugh. That's all I've got. I wish I could go deeper, but just can not at this time. But I do have a baby photo. And that should explain everything.