Friday, August 21, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday



So here we are again. The weeks are flying by in a very disconcerting way.
~1~
The biggest thing on my mind right now is that my tooth, the one that was acting up a year or more ago, then settled down, is now aggravating me again. I have a crown on this tooth now, so I see another root canal in my future. Swell. I have never had so much tooth pain as I have since going to the dentist regularly. Hmmm.
~2~
I am pretty much ready for school to begin. In theory. What I really need is an office manager, to keep the schedule on track. I can do the teaching, but keeping all seven students on track and where they are supposed to be while managing my home is going to be a challenge.
~3~
Baby is 5 months old now, and will soon be crawling, and then the fun will really begin. She is not a sleepy newborn anymore, and is weaving her into our day more and more (which we all enjoy immensely). School will be interesting. I forsee lots of turn taking as far as baby duty goes, while I try to stay on track. This is a reason I love nursing, as I will be forced to set, relax, and enjoy her even on my busiest days.
~4~
I am going to get back to the icon workshop the second week of September. I thought I would be taking a six week break, and that turned in to a six month break. But, icons wait for you, so now I can get back to The Samaritan Woman at the Well, and begin a St. Melania.
~5~
I have been working on getting rid of "stuff". On average, I have been bringing 3 bags a month to Goodwill. (BIG bags) It doesn't even look any different around here, where it shows, but my Stash and Dash hiding spots are getting cleaned out, and then I can use that space for useful things. THEN, it'll look different around here.
~6~
I have no real plans for the weekend. And I love it. Peace and quiet!!
~7~
We purchased two bows for our kids last week. They have been having a blast! It seems like a good thing, keeping them active and working on upper body strength. They encourage each other and watch each other, the big kids help the younger ones, and it isn't attached to the Wii. Real, live outside archery.

I was going to put a photo of the kids practicing their archery, but the pictures are still on my camera, which is in the baby's room and she is sleeping. So, here is a gratuitous baby photo, of Melanie in her pram. The very same pram I got at the thrift store for $12.

More Quick Takes over at Jen's

5 Comments:

Blogger MamaT said...

Smock, LaMa and I are in a monthly group called Women at the Well. I would love to see your icon when you are finished with it!

August 21, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear the tooth is acting up again! Thought you were done with that. You know what they say, though, for every child, a tooth. :-)
Can't wait for icon workshop again in Sept! See ya then!

Barb

August 21, 2009  
Blogger This Heavenly Life said...

What a sweet pram! I've always wanted one of those - especially one so CHEAP!

August 21, 2009  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Archery is fun! Big Brother learned about it at Boy Scouts and enjoys it a lot. Little Brother just got a dollar-store archery set and has been busy practicing his aim with the suction-cup arrows :)

August 22, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

LOVE the pram! :o)

August 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home