Monday, August 17, 2009

I have Lot Of Important Things to Say...

...but no time to say them.

So, besides taking photos of Melanie (that don't even do justice to her cuteness) what have I been up to and why haven't I been blogging?

Well, I meant to blog last week, in fact I kicked my teens off of the computer, just for that purpose. But, lo and behold, said teens were in a talking mood, and any parent of teens knows you take those opportunities when they arise. So blogging could wait.

Then, later in the week, I intended to blog after dinner. My husband, who hasn't been around much during the week for the past 18 months, and is now reveling in being here more, bought some wine and snacks and wanted to watch a movie. So blogging could wait.

Then, this morning, at 6:00 am, after feeding Melanie and putting her back to bed, I wanted to blog, but my 5 year old got up and wanted to eat, and have breakfast with me "when no one else was up". So we had breakfast of cantaloupe, fried eggs and sprouted grain wheat bread and, once again, blogging could wait.

Just now I was able to get my eldest to hold my youngest so I could upload the photos of Melanie. To come are photos of my birthday, and some things working their way through my consciousness regarding marriage, romance, and Jane Austen.

School begins in a week, a modified schedule, gearing up to full throttle by the day after Labor Day. It is going to be a busy, busy year, and I am not entirely certain where blogging will fit in, but I hope to keep it up as much as possible.


Blogging isn't the only thing I have been neglecting since Melanie was born, so don't take it personally!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous aileen said...

those are all wonderful reasons for putting off the blogging! such gifts should definitely be treasured! :)

August 17, 2009  
Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

I think your priorities are very much in order. Blogs and plants definitely take second place to husband and kids. (I'm not always as good as I'd like about putting the computer down.)

August 17, 2009  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I agree wholeheartedly !
Much as I love blogging, family is far more important.

I don't want my children to say that I spent more time on the computer than talking to them........ kids will grow up all too soon, and then I will have lots of time to play on the computer.

August 18, 2009  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Good job! :) And don't worry about the plants. I kill them too. Your priorities are in the right place. Just pop in a baby picture now and then and we're all fine :)

August 18, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Hate to think what this plant would look like if left in my care. Hehehe...

August 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home