Thursday, September 17, 2009


St. Paraskeva's re-opens tonight, after a lengthy postpartum break. For anyone unfamiliar with me, this is my icon studio/workshop. Blog link on the side bar, but warning, hasn't been updated for 6 months. Give me a day or two, then check it out.

It is funny how with each of my babies, I am in a different world for just about 6 months, then I begin to reclaim what remains of my previous self. Lo and behold, Melanie is 6 months old today. Yesterday I went for a good long walk. I began a real honest to goodness novel (The Accidental Tourist), and today all my kids are finished with school, and we are going to get the icon studio in order. I still can not fit into my old clothes, but I do see some hope that things are getting ready to get back to normal. Or maybe I am just used to the new normal, and it feels comfortable, but either way, I think I am re-emerging. I just hope that my writing brain returns. I have lots churning in my heart and mind, but can not seem to organize my time and thoughts to put them into writing. Soon, maybe.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray! See you tonight!


September 17, 2009  
Anonymous Jamie said...

Enjoy Accidental Tourist

September 17, 2009  
Anonymous Jamie said...

! I meant to put an exclamation point there. I loved that book when I read it.

September 17, 2009  
Anonymous Patricia said...

Love your Visitation icon -- can't wait to see it in its completion!

September 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home