Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Short and sweet

After the second half of my root canal yesterday, I went to the thrift store, purely for entertainment purposes. I didn't even grab a cart, because, after all, I don't need anything. True to form, withing a half hour my arms were overflowing and I had to grab an abandoned cart. What a score! I found a Land of Nod crib set for baby, darling and perfect and just what I needed, for $9. I stumbled across a lovely pair of baby shoes that I could tell were very well made, but wouldn't fit her until she was about 2. But, since they were only $3, it would be worth not passing them up. Then, I found a large cotton canopy that hangs from the ceiling, made of cotton with cloth butterflies stitched all over it. This thing is huge, and perfect for our basement/playroom for a special area just for my little girls. Again, this was $9. Come to find out, the crib set retails for $218, the shoes (pom d'Api, which meant nothing to me until I Googled it) retail for $136, and the canopy, from the Company Store around $100. Feeling pretty good about myself right about now!!

School is gearing up this week to the full schedule. Being that it is a four day week, I think we'll do fine, maybe even enjoy ourselves a little bit.

Blessings

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling okay after your dental work! The bargains you spotted sound terrific and such god quality too :-)

September 09, 2009  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

What a great haul of goods !! Well done :-)

I hope that you are recovering okay from the horrors of dental work......
love and prayers !

September 09, 2009  
Blogger Rocky said...

SWEET! I love it when things like that happen to ME! And they do - but not often. You really made out. It's why thrift shopping is so addicting!

September 09, 2009  
Blogger Anne Marie said...

you are really starting to make me jealous now.....

you bugger you!!

September 10, 2009  
Blogger Anne Marie said...

when's your book entitled

"ha- ha"

coming out? because you find all these deals, when we get to the "ts" there's nothing left!!

September 10, 2009  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Wow, great bargains you got!

September 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home