Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New School Year, day 2

School has begun, and on day two we are still on schedule! Woot Woot! The kids are getting up early, one child makes breakfast while everyone else gets dressed, makes beds etc. So far so good, but no one is yet tired at night for bed time. I figure after a few days of getting up early, the tiredness will come. It has come for me, but then, that is no surprise.

This is only a modified beginning, as my eldest has begun classes at the local community college and begins speech and debate tonight, the rest are only doing the morning routine and math, as well as our choir rehearsals beginning tonight.

After Labor Day, we'll add in more classes, and then in October add in Spanish for the older two.

I want to thank my faithful 20 who according to my stats counter still faithfully check in, despite my lack of posts. I have considered shuttering this place again, but decided to just plug along, and if nothing else, I have a good record of my thoughts and the kid's littleness. I am hopeful I will be able to get back to more regular posting some day. Until then, I'll pray for you if you pray for me, deal?

Blessings!

P.S. Home school question: Does anyone have an opinion on the difference between the D.I.V.E CD-ROM for Saxon Algebra II versus the Saxon Teacher CD ROM? I need to get one soon, and am leaning toward Saxon Teacher, but wouldn't mind some input if anyone has any. Thanks!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Art Reed said...

Both the DIVE and Saxon teacher are CD's that will only work on a computer and not on a TV DVD player.

They are what is called a "White Board" presentation where a voice appears in the background while writing appears on the board.

For the price, the DIVE CD at $50 is a better buy than the Saxon Teacher which costs about $90 with shipping.

There is however, a newer DVD video tutorial on the market for Saxon algebra 2 that sells for $49.95 including shipping.

The lessons are taught by an experienced Saxon high school math teacher.

You can view a sample lesson for the books at www.usingsaxon.com.

Hope this has helped.

Art Reed

August 25, 2009  
Anonymous Jamie said...

Please do keep plugging! Your posts are always an encouragement to me.

August 25, 2009  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I love reading your updates and will certainly keep you in my prayers :-)

August 25, 2009  
Blogger Mimi said...

I agree, a post from you is always a delight. Prayers for a productive school year.

August 25, 2009  
Anonymous aileen said...

i think the fact that you don't post every day makes it even more special/enjoyable when you do! i still check pretty much daily, though! :) keep up the great work!

August 26, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

I've never had any dealings with Saxon, but I'm with you on the prayer front! :o)

August 26, 2009  
Blogger Simple Faith and Life said...

I read - and enjoy - whatever you post, but you don't know it because I read blogs through Bloglines...unless I click through as I am doing now in order to leave a comment.

I should comment more often because I totally know how writing can be a lonely thing, wondering if anyone is out there. :)

August 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home