Thursday, March 17, 2011

It has been a LOVLEY TWO YEARS!

Two years ago I got to meet my little Melanie for the first time. Since then, I have just been soaking in her sweetness and light, and have been enjoying her more than I can say.

She brought me one of the happiest moments of my life:



You would think that after seven other births the eighth would have been more of the same, but I was given the grace of thanksgiving with Melanie's arrival. During the pregnancy, and her birth, and now her first two years, nothing has seemed terribly difficult, because I have been able, through God's grace, to see it all in perspective. Gift. Every sacrifice has been balanced with love.

During my pregnancy with Melanie, I felt carried, bestowed with peace.

This pregnancy has been more challenging, but I am drawing on my memories to assist me. It is as if Melanie's arrival was a time when God was holding my hands, helping me take every step.

Now, it seems as if I am toddling more on my own, but I know God is right there, cheering my progress and scooping me up when I loose my balance.

I had no idea how Melanie would impact my life past the reality of her being in it. But she has truly been a gift of comfort to me, and reminder of the security of my place as a child of God.

One thing I never anticipated is that Melanie would be a big sister. This year will bring that gift to her, and I can not wait to share that joy with her.

Also, sharing Melanie with all her siblings has been one of the largest blessings of my life. This is a girl with a place in the world, a place, so far, of unconditional love. There is nothing better for teens than to be able to give unconditional love, and then to receive it right back from an adoring little sister.

We will be having a lovely day, celebrating the Feast Day St. Patrick, the birth of our little Melanie, and the first day in the 60 degree range so far this spring. It is shaping up to be a day of joy, and I intend to continue to soak up the blessings!



Happy Birthday Sweet Melanie~

9 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Very, very happy birthday to your sweet little Melanie. May she enjoy many more!

March 17, 2011  
Blogger priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

she is so sweet- and now a big sister- wow!

March 17, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Day, to you, Melanie and the whole family! Enjoy!

Barb

March 17, 2011  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Happy Birthday to dear Melanie, and Many Years !

March 17, 2011  
Blogger Mimi said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday!

March 17, 2011  
Anonymous Kelly said...

So sweet! This made me cry. My baby girl is 18 months. She was so totally unexpected for a host of reasons. I, too, look at her and just think "gift."

How awesome is God?

Happy birthday, Melanie!

March 18, 2011  
Anonymous aileen said...

Happy Birthday, Melanie! Hope her birthday celebration was fun! How did she like her stuffed Pingu?

Her hair has grown back nicely, btw. ;)

March 18, 2011  
Blogger Rosemary said...

Happy Birthday to the beautiful Melanie!

March 21, 2011  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Hope it was the happiest of birthdays! My niece Sparkles was a St. Patrick's baby too. She was 10 this year. :o)

March 22, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home