Friday, July 15, 2011

Quick Takes - Homestretch Edition

I guess I'll do a Quick Takes, since I haven't managed a post in a while.

1. Nesting has kicked in. My desk is clean, half of my kitchen cabinets are cleaned out (with the other half on schedule for today and tomorrow), my kids clothing is all purged and sorted, and there are plans afoot for throwing away half of what is in the basement. Maybe that is why I have so many children. I need regular nesting in order to keep the house in order.

2. My eldest, in a mature and very grown up manner, changed his college plans, and decided to go to the local community college for at least a year. I am relieved that his debt will be much, much less with this plan, but sad to see him so disappointed. He worked very hard to get into the 4 year school and made a narrow cut to do so. But, as we adults know, reality is reality, and must be dealt with. Now we need to find him a bedroom. Shifting once again, grateful for the space to be flexible.

3. I had an encounter with a flying table this week, during a viscous wind storm. I was attempting to get the patio tables' umbrellas down, when the wind tossed one of the tables into my face. I have a few stitches, and bruises, but I am so, so thankful that is all the damage. The table hit me in the mouth, and Praise God, I still have all my very expensive teeth.

4. Today is the last day my middle kids' tutor comes for language arts. We kept it going because I am pretty certain I won't be starting school on time given the birth of the wee lad is a mere two weeks before we usually begin. This gives me some guilt free delay time, where all they have to do is a daily math lesson and free reading for a bit. I ask prayers for our awesome tutor, as he is leaving here to go into a monastery. If this is indeed his vocation, we may never see him again, but will always be joined by the bond of prayer. St. Benedict, pray for us!

5. Summer weather here has been gloriously delightful. Usually it is much hotter, much more humid. St. Scholastica has come through for me again, and prayed me into a pretty comfortable summer. I have very little swelling, and am feeling better now than I did during the second trimester. Blessings, all of it.

6. I have everything ready for the baby. Now I relax and enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

7. Baby boy names. Still playing with them, but pretty sure we have settled on one. Stay tuned.

More quick takes at Conversion Diary.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Phew! Thanks be to God the table didn't do more damage! Glad to hear you're in the homestretch and ready for baby.

July 15, 2011  
Blogger priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

praying for you- I wish I were nesting (my house is a disaster)

about your eldest- I teach at a community college part-time- PLEASE have your son go to a counselor at his 4 year college of choice and then a counselor at the community college so he knows what classes will transfer. 2 year colleges are amazing bargins and the instructors are great ;) but we don't want him wasting time and money- it is also a great place to try out different disciplines for less money- Good luck!

July 15, 2011  
Blogger Simple Faith and Life said...

My son is in the exact same place with the college situation, Renee...and I feel exactly as you described. Oh, and Priest's Wife, thank you for the advice. :)

July 16, 2011  
Blogger Mimi said...

Prayers and love to you all, especially the oldest as he gets settled, and you as you get settled :)

July 18, 2011  
Blogger Calah said...

I cannot believe you got hit in the mouth with a table! Oh my goodness. Seriously, I'm glad that that's all the damage, but...wow.

Saying prayers for you in the home stretch!

August 04, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home