Monday, February 28, 2005

Book Game

Here are the rules (stolen from alicia at fructus ventris) ((one of these days I'll figure out how to do links; she's on my sidebar, though))
1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest!

"If we were to die ten thousand times for Christ, we would still not have repaid what we owe, for in value rather than in physical substance there is no comparison between the blood of God and that of His servants.

The struggle against pride is intense; for most of us, it will never end in this life. Let us embrace this struggle, knowing that if we are overcome by pride we will most certainly fail."

From "Ascending the Heights; A Layman's Guide to The Ladder of Divine Ascent"

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

Remind me (by which I mean email me) ... how to do links has been slightly automated in Blogger (though I think it messes up too much but that may be my Mac). I'll look for how to do links in the Blogger help for you ... it is similar to the sidebar links but in the body of the text, etc.

March 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home