Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Went crazy in the bookstore today!

Spent way too much money, but oh what a bunch of great stuff I got. I found a Catholic bookstore, and loaded up. I got each of my kids a book except the little two got a Veggie Tale videa. I got myself "The Way of the Fathers" By Mike Aquilina, Theology of the Body for Beginners by Christopher West, Angel in the Waters by Regina Doman (GORGEOUS BOOK), Happy are you Poor, by Fr. Dubay, and Beyond the Birds and the Bees by Gregory Popcek. This will keep me busy for a while. But it's all good.

4 Comments:

Blogger ~pen~ said...

i wish i could ping you (and i mean that in a good way...)

i posted about angel in the waters and gave a link to the virtual copy of this book, which is wonderful - http://www.angelinthewaters.com/onlinebook/coverpage.htm.

good for you, something to do in your spare time :)

February 23, 2005  
Blogger Essy said...

I just recently bought 'Theology of the Body Explained' by Christopher West. I had seen him on EWTN and he was totally awesome. I loved what he had to say, but I'm wondering if the 'beginners' book would have been better suited for me. The one I have is very involved, and a bit beyond my attention span of the moment. Please let me know how you like yours.

February 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, dear sil! Thanks for letting non-bloggers comment! I love reading your page. I am coveting your new-found Catholic bookstore. I also have Angel in the Waters...bought it a few months ago and want to give it to the children when we have our own little "angel in the waters" again. So far, no angel. But what a sublime vision of the hidden miracle of being with child. I also have "Happy are you Poor" but it was a little deep and I didn't get very far with it. Perhaps you can explain it to me when you're done reading it! Love you, Love your blog!

February 24, 2005  
Blogger Essy said...

I didn't notice 'Blessed are you poor' on your list at first...just wanted to say that I have that one too and like the person above am not getting very far with it...oh well...maybe I'm just not ready for it yet.

February 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home