Wednesday, February 16, 2005

My Cup Runneth Over - Who's Going to Clean up the Mess?

God has graced me with seeing and appreciating His abundance these past few days. Just in the daily tasks of running this household. For example, I was doing laundry yesterday - 9 stacks of clothes, not counting all the towels from the weekend - abundance! I went grocery shopping yesterday - I go weekly. A heaping cartful, for one week. Abundance in both the ability to get this quantity of food as well as to consume this quantity of food. Cleaning the kitchen, loading and unloading all those dishes just from one meal. Kissing and blessing everyone goodnignt. This usually is my husbands routine, to go room to room tucking in and blessing. Last night I did it, and I tell you, nothing expresses abundance like seven hugs and blessings, from the little chubby ones to the middle ernest ones, the the oldest conservative one. Looking through all the Valentines we all shared Monday night - what an abundance of glue, glitter, hearts, and real words of love - a basket full of homemade love. 8 people made 8 cards each (baby didn't make any, but received them). One comment to me by a daughter, in my Valentine, "I couldn't have a better mom, and it makes me cry to think about it." From another daughter, very few words, but lots of hearts and glitter, jewels and pearls. Lovely. This morning, baby woke up earlier that usual. Now ordinarily this would "ruin" my quiet, personal time, but this a.m., she is showering me with, again, an abundance of smiles, snuggles, and little baby noises. She actually is laying on my lap as I type, which is unusual for a nearly 9 month old. Anyway, I am seeing some effects of a sincere Lent. This should encourage me to persevere.

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Stories like this make me impatient for the day when Jude can make me valentines! For now I'll settle for the kisses and snuggles he showers on me. Thanks for sharing.

February 16, 2005  
Blogger Essy said...

Beautiful way of thinking and so true. Even all the chaos that absolutely drives me crazy is there due to an over abundance of goods. Many more blessings to you and yours.

February 16, 2005  
Blogger rita said...

I totally agree, julie! thankfully, we are showered with lots of wet kisses and snuggles.

February 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home