Monday, February 21, 2005

Walking through mud today

For some reason I feel I am walking in deep, thick mud. I can't seem to get anything but the barest of necessities finished. I think I feel a little "toxic", as I have been trying to tame the evil tongue, and now lots of irritation and frustration are getting packed in tight. So maybe what I need to do is tame the evil "mind", but that I don't know how to do!

It is really dreary today, and I think that has something to do with my lethargy. But, I will think positively now, and think of all the things I have accomplished today -

Supervised and participated in 4 diaper changes, 7 clothes application, and breakfast and lunch distrabution for 8.

Loaded dishwasher

Typed 4 homeschool schedules for this week

Assisted said 4 students in completing school work for today.

One load of laundry completed, plus one starting now.

Collected and sorted all remaining dirty laundry

Let the dog out/in 3 times

Let the cat out/in 2 times.

Cleaned up spilled cat food from a child helping me by feeding the cat.

Read other blogs for a long time

Watched Dr. Phil (Embarrassing, but true)

Now I am starting dinner, so I planned dinner earlier this day.

My day is not that impressive, but considering I just wanted to sit on the couch and read all day, sipping tea and eating something tasty, I guess I should be sastisfied. At church tonight, I have many things to pray about, and I am hoping some of the unsaid words will dissipate and stop giving me spiritual constipation.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~pen~ said...

renee, when you are trying to tame the evil tongue and it gets all pent up inside, where do you release it?

she (tongue) who must be obeyed?

i would suggest going upstairs (if'n you have one), closing the door and screaming it all into the pillow. that way, you are (a) releasing it - no chance of it building up to eruption; (b) listening to exactly what it was the you were going to say - thereby confirming how good it is that you did not say it, thanks be to God; and (c) then simply giving it to God to handle for you. say thank you to Him for giving you the grace to scream into the pillow and not into the heart of someone you love.

(not that i would know anything about this myself...)

February 22, 2005  
Blogger Philothea Rose said...

When I feel like I'm "in a funk" (as I like to call it), I try to remember that it helps me appreciate the good days. Prayers for your day to go better.

February 22, 2005  
Blogger Essy said...

I know what you mean...I feel like that a little too often for my liking.

February 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home