Tuesday, April 19, 2005

News Flash

Last night Mary Poppins NOT, the exhausted and cranky mother of seven, reportedly was the recipient of 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep for the first time in almost a year. She woke up this morning simply because she was no longer tired. There was no crying, hungry baby, no alarm clock, no dog needing to go relieve herself, and not even exuberant mate-seeking birds. Just enough rest and EIGHT HOURS OF SLEEP, UNINTERRUPTED. She is expecting great things out of this day, and is looking forward to going grocery shopping today at her full capacity. "I had totally forgotten how good it feels to get the correct amount of sleep," Poppins NOT said. "If I could get a few more of those I don't know what I could accomplish. Maybe tackle Mt. Laundry and run the Change of Season Drawer Changing Marathon. I feel terrific."

Poppins NOT resides in suburbia, in a rare but treasured 3 acre parcel of land. She has a few gardens, a large collection of children and books, and is currently working on finishing the school year with said children.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

You have given me some hope. There may yet be 8 hour nights someday in the future! Right now I feel fortunate to get 5 consecutive hours sleep.

April 19, 2005  
Blogger Julie D. said...

You woke up just because you weren't tired any more? Wow, I have teenagers and that doesn't happen to me ... usually because the night before the only morning I could sleep in I've been up very late the night before waiting for them to come home from whatever they're doing with their friends. Good on you, mate!

April 19, 2005  
Blogger Philothea Rose said...

I have recently experienced the same phenomenon, but it won't last long with the new baby due in December.

April 19, 2005  
Blogger Julie said...

Wow! If I got 8 hours of sleep, I'd definitely conquer Mt. Dishmore.

April 19, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!! My youngest didn't sleep through the night till he was almost 3! There is nothing like the feeling of being rested!

April 19, 2005  
Blogger rita said...

***cheering, clapping, hip hip hooraying!!***

April 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home