Friday, March 25, 2005

Dark Night of the Soul

I have been compulsively reading blogs about the Terri Schiavo murder all day. I am stunned beyond words that our nation has come to this. I am positively heart sick that so many of my fellow citizens see nothing wrong with this. I suppose I should always have been this outraged since abortion has been legal as long as I can remember. But this situation has truly opened my eyes to something horrid, frightening, and so true it hurts. We are not the good guys (I know I read that phrase today somewhere, but I don't remember where. Just know this was not my original thought, but it verbalizes it perfectly). Our country is beginning the slide into genocide. The very same genocide that when read about in history, one would ask, "How did this happen? Why did the citizens allow such things? How did they turn a blind eye to the horror of it all?" Now I know my country is doing the same thing. Am I doing anything about it? NO. I can't. I don't know what to do. It haunts me. I will never sing the National Anthem again. I will never say the Pledge of Allegience again. I will not be proud of my homeland. I will love it. I will do my best to make it a better place. But I will make sure my children are very, very clear about what this country is all about. I will remove the veil of honor, and show them the dirty underbelly of democracy gone bad. I am going to spit on the ground at the name of our leaders, and I will hang my head when the lines "The land of the free and the home of the brave" are sung. Rot and hogwash. I see the writing on the wall and it says "YOU ARE NEXT. PREPARE TO DIE." Oh, I know this sounds ridiculous, but since my beliefs run so opposite the "values" of this country, once the defectives are killed off, next will be the dissenters, and the true intellectuals, the real artists, and poets. Are we ready for this??? I literally have heard hundreds of times about the police guarding the hospice to keep Terri from getting water, "The are just doing their job." Anyone ever hear of Nuerenburg???This is a blood thirsty generation, and I have just been awakened to the fact that my family is not safe from their bloodlust. None of us are safe anymore. Not if a judge says so. I am bereft. I am inconsolable. I am disgusted. Spit, stomp. Goodbye good men.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean! You are not alone. Problem is, Canada is even worse, believe me. And I'm both Canadian and American. A double whammy.

March 28, 2005  
Blogger caelids said...

You brought this all back to me again. I just sat at my computer, writing letter after letter to the editor, six in all. Two were published. But.

November 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home