Saturday, April 02, 2005

Holy Windows into Heaven

Today I begin my 4th Icon Workshop. This week I will be writing the icon of the Annunciation. Today will will open with a prayer and a blessing of our hands. We will aske St. Gabriel and the Theotokos to bless our endeavors and allow us to write a beautiful icon. I will be giving periodic updates on my progress and spiritual reflection that I always receive while writing icons. Maybe if I can figure out the picture thing on blogs, I'll post a picture of it after it is written, named and blessed. There is a process of praying and fasting during the writing of icons, and I will try to make this as enriching of a spritiual experience as Our Good Lord will allow.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please give a description of what writing icons is all about, Renee...? :-)

April 02, 2005  
Blogger Renee said...

I am home on a break, and will answer more fully when I have more time. I will solicit some book titles from my teacher for you. I am going to post soon on theology of icons, and some basics. This may not be til next week, though, because this icon is very difficult and very detailed, and will take up most of this week. Stay tuned!!

April 05, 2005  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

add me to your growing list of "i can't wait to find out what this is all about." it has to be a calling because i've never felt compelled toward writing icons.

i think.

unless i have and because i have no idea what it means, i haven't responded in kind...

April 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holly windows into heaven Hi st.Gabriel here aka nitro just got done writing you, then i read the rest of this page........ wow the is working in both are lives keep your strengh your gonna need it P.S. extra prayers october13 trust me Love Nitro AKA St. gabriel

September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home