Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Over The Hedge


Our family participated in the "othercott" this weekend and supported "Over the Hedge". I took six of my children and 3 neighbor kidlets, and off we went!

We took up an entire row in the theater, I bought one popcorn for every 2 people, and no drinks. During the gazillion previews, my four year old son kept asking, "Is this Over the Hedge?" Each preview garnered the same question. Finally the movie began. About 20 minutes into it, he leans over, "Is THIS Over the Hedge?" Poor kid!

Overall, I found the movie quite enjoyable, laughed out loud a few times, and I must say it kept all 9 children engrossed. The ages were 12 to 4, and all of them enjoyed it. My favorite part was the possum, played by William Shatner. This possum is overly dramatic, and plays dead repeatedly. Perfect role for Mr. Shatner, who seemed to relish making fun of himself.

I recommend the movie, it wasn't a waste of time or money, there was no crude jokes that I wish my 4 year old hadn't heard, and I found it funny, with a pretty positive message over all. A good antidote to the "other movie" that we won't mention.

Anyway, two thumbs up from me!

6 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

My good friend took my son, her two children and met her other friend, husband and their 3 kids...they liked it alot. I know another family who took several...we made a big dent and that is what we could have and should have done. I would have went that night, only my daughter had to be taken across town to babysit during the middle of the showing! Oh well! Thanks for participating in this! :)

May 24, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

you know Renee, there is something to be said about your son's questioning when each new clip appeared on the screen. People do that with their lives.....wondering with each new clip on their screen, if this is the "real" movie......food for thought.
And thanks for the good chuckle, it sounds like a wonderful movie.

May 24, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Giggle. I like what Ayekah said.

Dh and the boys will see XIII this weekend, I probably will stay home and scrapbook.

May 24, 2006  
Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I, too, went out of my way to not see "The Da Vinci Code" and see "Over the Hedge" and was pleasantly surprised ... it was very intelligent and very, very funny

May 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOunds as though you and I have a LOT in common lately -- beginning with your "Ouch" post! I'm diggin' it out there -- although I'm also going to try to keep going to the YMCA when I can...
Rob and I took Rocky to see OTH this past weekend too! We took the neighbour's 4 year old son who sat next to ME and kept asking ME during all those obnoxious previews, "Is THIS over the hedge?" Every one! Just like yours! That cracked me up to read.
My finger is sore from trying to take my fingernail off while taking some chickenwire off a fence this weekend too --
sore? I'm sore from walking, let alone from working, I'm so out of shape!
Captivating posts, REnee!

May 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home