Friday, May 11, 2007

Off to a great start today...


Now I'll date myself, but since I shamelessly state my age regularly, I'm okay with that.

One of the best memories of my littlehood was listening to my dad's music. Johnny Cash, Herb Alpert, and Credence Clearwater Revival, amongst others.

So on my iTunes there are a few of these lovely memories that my own children are now becoming familiar with. This morning "Zorba the Greek", by Herb Alpert, was playing. It is physically impossible not to dance or twirl or at least move some part of your body while listening to this song. My two youngest girls were twirling away, clapping and holding out their nightgowns like they were the most beautiful of dresses. But my newly 5 year old son was just leaning against the wall. I couldn't believe he wasn't joining in. Looking more closely, I noticed his hands to his mouth, fingers flying wildly, and realized HE was the trumpet player. Very essential for the dancing ladies, to be sure.

I love my life!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Ooooh, I'd love to twirl and clap along too!

May 11, 2007  
Blogger Michelle said...

I listened to the same stuff growing up courtesy of my dad.

May 11, 2007  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Your dad's music? You must be a baby!
I remember this...CCR...that was in my day...you are a baby! Cute story.

May 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still love the music my mother had playing on the radio, it seemed 24/7, when I was a child. It was the stuff from the 50's and 40's I think.

God bless. Happy Mother's Day tomorrow Renee.

May 12, 2007  
Blogger erin said...

oh, they are sooooooo cute! i wish i could have seen this.

May 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Growing up I listened to a lot of country and western and Elvis Presley. I developed my own musical tastes at an early age and went the 'rock' route :-) Now and then I like to listen to Elvis or some Country and Western from 30 years ago and it takes me back to when I danced on my daddies feet :-)

Now if I attempted it, the poor man would spend the rest of his life wheelchair bound, as he'd have no feet left to speak of!

I bet your trumpeter sounded just awesome ;-)

May 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home