Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A quick update, and more mercy


Well, sorry for the absence around here. I have been quite busy with the garden the laundry, company, the "barn burrned" sale, and getting ready for my icon workshop (eep!). I have 11 students signed up.

The "barn burned" sale went well. The photo here is one of the paintings a participant in the sale created. I was going to buy it if it survived the sale, but alas, some other lucky customer gets it in their home.

I made enough money to get myself a little bauble as well as some more paint supplies. And I have a little "bohemian" stash of money I hid for a rainy day.

My garden is losing the battle with the weeds, as it has been hot and dry and the weeds thrive in those conditions. The flowers not so much. So, I'm off to water, weed and mulch today.

As usual, the spiritual reflections I always get while weeding will accompany me today. Weed = sin. While weeding, I pray for mercy. I am hoping lots of weeds will translate into lots of mercy.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

What a beautiful painting!

Congrats on a bit of "pin" money :)

June 12, 2007  
Blogger Suzanne said...

The painting is awesome ...those colors! You are being busy with many various and fun things...that is so nice..good to read your post! 11 students! Great! :)

June 12, 2007  
Blogger Henny Penny said...

Want me to visit your garden? If I can kill Chia herbs, I can probably do wonders on those weeds! LOL

June 12, 2007  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

I love that bohemian stash of money! Yeah, get yourself a bauble. We need some beauty. You make it but still we all need a little pampering!

June 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the sale went well.

Love the painting.

Also your reflection on weeding, I hate weeding, but you've just put a whole new spin on it for me....not that I will suddenly like weeding, of course, but you've given me food for thought :-)

June 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home