Saturday, August 25, 2007

Today at the protest against Planned Parenthood



I forgot my camera today, but I found this on YouTube. This was taken in the morning when it was still cloudy, but it did clear up nicely later. Some of my children were singing along with this song, and one of my sons is holding a sign in the photo with the red pick up truck. Another one of my sons and I were holding a "Jesus heals and forgives" sign. There were well over 1000 people in attendance at the protest today. It was awe-inspiring and moving, and the Holy Spirit was clearly at work. I'll scour YouTube for some more videos later, but this is a small taste of the event. I'm going to bed; it's been a long but fulfilling day.

If this protest accomplishes nothing more than inspiring the pro-life community to keep fighting and to see just how many of us are out there, it was a day well spent. It was very peaceful, prayerful, and the concern for women and their babies was palpable. The concern for young people and lies they will be fed was also there strongly. My favorite sign "Abortion Hurts Women". Ain't that the truth, though?



Here's another that gives a little idea of the crowd. Again, this was early in the morning when the crowd was still light. It got much more crowded later in the morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Was there any counter-protest? It sure looks like there was a good turn-out! It makes me sick that it's near a high school.

August 26, 2007  
Blogger Renee said...

laura, you're gonna laugh. There were 17 counter protesters. One 20ish lady with a baby, and the rest were 60+. I am still going to try to find other videos of later in the morning. It just kept getting more and more crowded.

August 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! I had no idea a place as big as Aurora didn't already have an abortion mill. We'll be praying for your efforts. What a blessing that are so many pro lifers there.

August 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home