Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Whazzup?

Welcome to my very neglected little piece of cyberspace.

Life just keeps chugging along, most of it important but not blog worthy (read: boring). Some of the most important things I do fit that description. Reading to my little ones. You don't need to hear about that. Laundry. Really don't need to hear about that. Helping the middle kids with school. Didn't you all have enough grammar when you learned it? Doing co-op with the older kids ~ now I find diagramming sentences interesting, and I am thinking the pendulum lab we are doing is quite worthwhile. But do you all need to hear about it in detail? I think not.

Cooking. Now that has been boring lately, too, because I have been so busy I haven't don't the fun kind of cooking yet, excepting the Butternut Bisque I made Friday. Now that wasn't boring! Yum.

Watching way too much political commentary on T.V. Getting very boring, if not unsettling. I really don't like the chasm that has erupted in our country.

Church meetings, Grandmas' 90th birthday party, Fall Bonfire, these are all things that consumed my weekend. Not boring, but not really blog worthy, either.

I finally got that tooth (remember all the trouble that tooth caused me a while back) finished with it's permanent crown, no root canal needed after all. Where you guys praying for me, or what?

And last, but not least, I finally made it to the midwife, and heart my little one's heart beat for the first time. NOT boring. I don't care how many babies I have, that is one of the most beautiful sounds ever! And, this week I'll be getting an ultrasound.

Question? Did you all find out the gender prenatally with your babies? I didn't with six of them, did with one. I am leaning toward finding out, but am enjoying coming up with names for both genders right now, and am not certain I want to end the fun quite yet.

What did you all do?

10 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

Finding out wasn't an option when I was having my babies. I did know with the last one it was a boy based on the heart rate. I'd prefer not to know.

October 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't find out with my babies. I could have with the last, but chose not to know. I like surprises! My husband would have liked to find out, but since I didn't want to know, the doctor wouldn't tell him, either. He was glad to be surprised, too.

Barb

October 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found out with 9 of the 11. The first one wouldn't let anyone see even though I had lots of ultrasounds since she was breech. And we chose not to find out with #3 but didn't name the poor kid until he was 7 hours old. It takes us a lot of discussion (like months) to agree on names so I always find out to at least narrow the field! :) Plus I like to know which bin of newborn clothes to get out and wash.

October 28, 2008  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I did not want to know with the first three, but did with number four :-)

There is a lot to be said for the fun of the surprise at birth, I think :-)

Glad you did not need the root canal on your tooth, and yes, we have been praying for you !

October 28, 2008  
Blogger Mimi said...

I found out with my oldest, and not with my youngest (he was shy) - I actually prefer knowing, but I'm a planner.

And, whohoooo on the tooth and on your Grandma's 90th. Many Years

October 28, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

We found out with all 3. I'm one of those people who likes planning ahead. For the 1st two, I could start buying girly or boy-y things early (and take advantage of clearance racks!), so I wouldn't have to buy boring neutral stuff. This time around, I know which box of clothes I'll need to get out and wash.

I also like having the name picked out ahead of time, so I can start calling/referring to the baby by his or her name. The kids and I began including "God bless Baby Emma" into our nighttime prayers recently, and I just love hearing them (or at least Grace) pray for their growing sibling.

Hope everything is going well with your pregnancy! I LOVE hearing the baby's heartbeat every time, but especially the first! :)

Oh, and that butternut squash bisque sounds yummy! Care to share?

October 28, 2008  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Nope...I found out by accident by my smart aleck doctor at the time. I was pretty mad about it because I told them I didn't want to know..
his response on that particular one was .."Good thing you don't want to know because I don't SEE ANYTHING!"
Well, what do you think...yep, she was a girl cause she didn't have ANYTHING TO SEE!! The old turkey!
I just think that was the fun part...the mystery...only God knew and that was cool! ;)

October 28, 2008  
Blogger Suzanne said...

BTW I had 5 and she was the only one I learned about beforehand.

October 28, 2008  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I only found out the gender with the first--although all 3 were cooperative enough that the tech knew what brand of baby they each were. But then when he was born, it was kind of anticlimactic when the doctor & nurses said, "It's a boy!" We already knew....after that, we let it be a surprise.

October 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't particularly want to know, but I found out anyway. ;o)

The doctor was 99.9% sure that Sweetums was a girl. TeeHee.

October 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home