Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Well, THAT was weird

After a very busy day yesterday, I crashed on the couch, fell asleep and finally wandered to my own bed in the middle of the night. My husband was out on business, so my eight year old daughter was holding his place for me. BOOM, straight back to sleep.

I awoke this morning, with sounds of the bottom 4 kids playing Legos. There is something soothing about the sound of all those little plastic pieces hitting against each other in the big box as just the right one is being sought after.

The day is cloudy, hazy, cold. But, our house is warm. I can see the clouds through the newly leafless trees. This is one of the real treats for me about fall; I get to see the sky. During summer, all I see is leaves.

After sky-gazing for a while, I finally haul my larger-by-the-minute body out of bed, make coffee (yes, as I have admitted before, I have a coffee pot in my bathroom), and check my e-mail and a few blogs and news sites.

Lazily drinking my coffee, thinking I should get moving, it seems as if the day is gearing up and our schedule needs to be kept.

I glance at the clock and have a shock ~ 10:25 am. WHAT???? No way. I usually get up at 7:30 or 8:00. Breakfast at 8, school starts at 9. I check my watch, my bedside clock, the computer. Yup, 10:25 am.

Apparently I needed a little extra rest, the kids needed a little extra play time, the sky needed to be gazed; but still. 3 hours late and I had no idea.

I am grateful for the gentle beginning of this day, for the refreshment I received and the beauty I took time to enjoy. But now, I must get busy.

Blessings!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy the crash of Legos as well. Glad you had a lil R&R. :o)

November 12, 2008  
Blogger Kitty said...

Every morning my 2-y-o son Peter wakes up as soon as Daddy's alarm clock goes off. "Mommy, can I get up?" "Yes, you may get up" "Can I play with Legos?" "Yes, you may play with Legos." That's the litany that precedes my morning Rosary. I will miss it when he is to old for Lego in the morning. Sigh.

November 12, 2008  
Blogger Kitty said...

Incidentally, I crashed into bed at 8 the other night and did not wake up until 8 the following morning. I was still almost as sleepy all day as usual, but 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep was awesome!

November 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home