Saturday, March 05, 2005

Movie Quotes

Saw this all over the place, and decided, what the hey,

1. " It's possible, pig. It's conceivable, you miserable,vomitous mass." (From The Princess Bride. This is used frequently in our house, should anyone say "It's possible." Anyone in the room responds ,"pig. etc. )

2. "I don't think that word means what you think it means." (Also from The Princess Bride.)

3." Isn't this a geographical oddity, two weeks from everywhere!" (From O Brother, Where Art Thou". This occurs in the car, when it seems to be taking forever to get there.

4. " I slaughtered that horse last Tuesday. Think she's startin' to turn." (Also from O Brother. This is said often at dinner, when people are looking quizically at their plates, usually some form of soup or stew)

5. "It's the cops, the fuzz, the police, the p-i-g..." From the Muppet Movie


I actually have a bunch more from O Brother, Where Art Thou that we use often, but thought that might get a little old. That movie is a gold mine of quotable moments. Here's a few more, and I could keep going, but I won't.

6. "You guys are dummer that a bag of hammers"
7. "You from the bank? Pa told me to shoot people from the bank. You servin' papers? I nicked the census many on Tuesday." "Now there's a good boy".
8. "Damn, we're in a tight spot!"
9. " I'm with you fellers."
10. "Best thing you ever did for those girls is get hit by that train!" "Damn it, Penny, I didn't get hit by no train."

MUST * STOP* NOW. SOMEBODY HEEELLLPPP ME!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie D. said...

I love O Brother Where Art Thou AND The Princess Bride. Great quotes!

March 05, 2005  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

quick - before i change it - check out my *wav o the day* at marthA2 - on my side bar, under (i think) my profile. i may make it permanent on my mary2 blog, not sure, but know after reading this you will appreciate it...

March 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home