Saturday, March 19, 2005

Buried Treasure

I was going through the many piles on my school table, and came across some discarded pages of my 10 yodd's diary. She is always starting notebooks, then using the rest of the pages for something else, and throwing away her false starts. when I find them, I keep them for her, because she will love to read them someday.

This last one just touched my heart, and I want to share it:

12/17/04
It is a week until Christmas, and I feel so good that school break is in. We will decorate the tree with lights and ornaments. I love this time of year, when we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. And look out the window and see the crystle white snow. I love the smell of Christmas and the feel of jolly old Sants Claus around. When the first gift arives from California, all the children will jump for joy, and there will be Christmas lists all over the floor. And finally the day will be here, when people get to gether and bring joy to my grandma's house.


I have always tried to make Christmas a happy time, not too commercial, but still magical. This little entry was like a pat on the back. It shows she is experiencing Christmas the way I hoped she would. Yay!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sounds like a sweetheart! Good job, Mom! Alexa

March 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home