Monday, June 27, 2005

The gang, and to video, or not to video, that is the question


So, now that I can do photos, I will inundate my blog with photos of my children. This was taken last fall, just before it got cold for good. So, this is the whole gang. Add an inch or two to them all, and that's about what they look like now.

This brings me to a new contemplation. To take video, or not. I have some videos of the older kids when they were little. But the middle kids don't have any. Now with the little kids, I have been feeling the urge to video them, to record their sweet voices, their little chubby arms and legs, their uncertain toddle. I guess I feel the years sneaking up on me, and realize I won't have a baby in the house forever.

But then, when I watch the older kid's videos, I just feel so sad. Is it possible that time has gone that quickly? Where are those little darlings? Those children are gone, as if they walked out into the woods, and didn't come back. The children they have become are a treasure and lovely blessing, and I almost hate feeling so sad that the babies are grown. I think I would appreciate my NOW more, if I didn't spend much time looking back at the early years.

I love spending time with the kiddos, and don't want to miss appreciating the NOW by mourning the past. But will I be able to soak enough in, so that I can remember them in their innocent, chubby sweetness? Well, I do love photos. They don't tear my heart as much as videos. What do you all think??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the photos too Renee, thanks for posting them! As to your video question, I guess I would go ahead and take them now if you have the urge. Why not? They're fun to take and fun to watch right away. And even if there is never a time in the future that you enjoy watching them, the kids will love having them.

June 28, 2005  
Blogger Renee said...

Thanks guys, for your comments. Ayekah, you know with seven kids, someone has to be bigger. But yes, they are getting big, and I have very mixed feelings about it!

Denise, you are right, the kids will love it. Good point!

June 28, 2005  
Blogger Julie said...

I would definitely take more video. You may regret not doing it when you are older. Like Denise said, they will love it.

June 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home