Friday, June 03, 2005

One Adventure complete, another begins

Well, the shopping trip went well; we got everything we needed, and Father got a little idea of my life. A dose of domestic reality is always an eye opener for a monk/priest. I can only imagine what went through a few people's minds seeing a priest, a woman and seven children with two baskets of food.

The kiddos were very well behaved, helpful, and the little 4 were slightly in awe, as they had never been to Sam's Club before. It reminded a few of them of "Madam Blueberry", with the infamous STUFFMART.

So tomorrow is our last day before dh returns, and I wonder if it's normal that I really didn't miss him. I don't dread him returning or anything, but the break from his nervous energy did me some good. I guess, as I am discovering about so many areas of my life, I have idealistic vision of myself as a wife and mother, and it doesn't resemble the actuality all that much.

On another front, our addition should break ground on Monday. This is gonna be another grand adventure. Hang on for the ride!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

There have been many times when Jay would pack up the munchkin and head to his mom's for the weekend and I would get to stay home alone and do whatever I wanted. He always called it my "baby-free" time. I never really missed either of them, but when they came back home Sunday evening it was always nice to see them. Of course, a few hours later I sometimes wished they hadn't come back so soon.

June 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home