Sunday, August 14, 2005

And we're off!

The clan at crazyacres is off for our camping trip. We are all looking forward to fun in the sun, and lots of free time. I won't probably post until next weekend, so I will leave you with a few quotes from the kiddos.
----

"Hey momma, do you get milk from a cow?"
"Yes."
"Do you get milk from a goat?"
"Yes."
"Do you get milk from you?"
"Yes."
"Yeah, but you don't have to go like this --" at which time 7 year old ds puts his hands in the air and milks an imaginary cow, "do you?"


----

Overheard as dd was changing the baby's diaper.
"Whoa, you gotta come in here and see this! It's the squarest poop I have ever seen!"
Of course I had to go see, and yes, it was square, and no, we don't know how the baby managed it.

----

5 year old dd was slowly waking up, lying on her back with her legs crossed, sucking her thumb. She popped her thumb out, put on a thoughtful look, and said,
"All people are special, aren't they momma, because they have God in their hearts."
Resisting the urge to pat myself on the back for raising such an angelic child, I told you yes, that was true, and asked who had told her so.
"I just thought of it," she said, and as she popped her thumb back in her mouth, I whispered a prayer of thanksgiving.

And with that, I wish you all a terrific week, and many blessings.

4 Comments:

Blogger rita said...

awww...! what a sweet moment! may your camping trip be filled with many more. God bless!

August 14, 2005  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

i love it :)

have a wonderful time; can't wait for the campfire stories!

August 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are sweet. My 7yr. old is a riot with her commentary. And I was floored when she said she prays after we say our goodnight prayers.

August 15, 2005  
Blogger Erin said...

That statement by 5 year old dd made me think of "Mr God, This is Anna", where she talks about God being "in my middle". :)

August 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home