Friday, May 11, 2007

10 things I've done that I bet you haven't

This is from wayyy back in my archives. I don't think many of you ever saw this. It was fun to do. Anyone want to play along??

1. Gone to the World Series, in Box Seats (KC vs. St. Louis, late 80's)
2. Been part of a truly first rate marching band, like the kind you see on T.V.
3. Come home (while still living at my parents) and find the big oak in the back yard on fire. Calmly checking with my brothers about why is the tree on fire, again.
4. Been in a serious car accident, and unexplainably escaping injury-free. (My seat was smashed against the steering wheel. I was between the two, and had not a bruise).
5. Dissected a human cadaver.
6. Helped someone take their first steps again after a spinal cord injury
7. Helped someone learn to sit up by herself after she had a head injury. Being there every day, twice a day, to help her learn to sit, transfer, stand, walk, and drive. Cry with her, be exhausted with her, bask in the joy when she lives on her own.
8. Go on a blind date, get engaged 6 weeks later. Get married 7 months later.
9. Give birth standing, 3 times
10. Get surrounded by the police in a bank, while the bank manager says, "I want her arrested." (Long story, but it was all a mistake.)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Please give us the lowdown on number 10 !
My mind is boggling so much that it resembles an oscilloscope :-)

May 11, 2007  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I came close with #8. In my case, "Go on a blind date, get engaged 3 months later. Get married a year to the day after the first blind date."

May 11, 2007  
Blogger ukok said...

I'm with Elizabeth, dish the dirt on the bank job, Renee ;-)

May 11, 2007  
Blogger Renee said...

Well, ladies, I had to return some money to the bank because I had made a deposit and taken cash out immediately. Shortly thereafter I was notified that the check was being held up in the other bank due to a dispute between my husband and his ex-employer. After I made the return, the police rushed in, guns drawn and the Brilliant Bank Vice President (BBVP) pointed at me and shouted, "I want her arrested!"

The police were very polite and professional to me, and asked all the right questions and determined that they had no authority to arrest me. I did have to go to the station the next day to discuss all this with a detective and found out the bank had made a complaint against me for "FORGERY". With no evidence of any sort.

It must have confused the poor old BBVP when he thought I was forging checks, taking out cash, and then bringing it back. Whatever.

The entire incident was stamped 'UNFOUNDED' with the police, the bank was fined for frivolously pushing the bank robber button, and I was asked not to bank there in the future. I agreed.

May 11, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

Wow! Great things to know about you - The World Series? Really? So cool.

And, anyone who had you as a support through an injury like that is blessed.

May 11, 2007  
Blogger Suzanne said...

What wonderful things for the most part...except that no. 10 spot..oh my, what a very odd mess girl! That must have been so scary or embarrassing...I'm not sure which one, but either way, I'd be shaking from all of the confusion! Asked not to bank there? Well! I wouldn't have bothered with that attitude! You poor girl!

May 11, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Goodness !
You were *asked* not to bank there ?
Many folk would have been considering lawsuit for defamation of character , mental distress etc.
The bank got off very lightly for such a complete fiasco of their own making.....
Not a pleasant experience for you, though.

May 12, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey...i was world champion drummer in our band 3 times....id do it all again tomoz given the chance lol...

August 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home