Friday, June 15, 2007

And now for the rest of the story...


Just to rinse the sugary sweet taste out of your mouth from the last post, I want to let you know that this morning has been vastly different. I have already sent the 3 year old back to bed, had the eight year old in tears while practicing reading, reminded the 5 year old to get back to work wayyy too many times, insisted the nearly 14 year old wipe that look off his face, and had two run ins with the 12 year old over the computer (which will now be off the rest of the day. In this house, I always win). That leaves the seven year old, who just got up, and the 11 year old, who isn't home. And I haven't stepped foot outside or in my icon room yet today. So you see, I posted about yesterday because it was such a rare treat. Just to set the record straight!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mairin :o) said...

you are so funny! It is days like today that make days like yesterday so wonderful. You are a good mom.

June 15, 2007  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I gotta tell ha...I had a hintin suspicion! This happens to me, so I know it has to happen to everyone else too! Ooops! Yes, it is still good to post about it...still good.
Today, my 13 yr. old son who has been away at an awesome camp with dads, seminarians, and priests AND who I have heard has been having a wonderful time of it, will return home. He will be so tired that I know it is best not to even start a conversation. I have decided, he will take the lead...I will be very interested and listen and enjoy, but I refuse to start the conversation and look at someone go..."It was ok." Nope...not gonna do it, cause I heard very differently, so, lets see what he'll have to offer..then, this time I am going to give a big hug, when he offers the true stories of the great fun he had and say..."Gee honey, I sure hope you get to do THAT again!" (and again, and again, and again..... :) ) !!!
God bless Mommies!!! :) Have a good day, sweetie! Suz

June 16, 2007  
Blogger Rosemary said...

MPN. (Smile) I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has days like this. ---and I'm glad you always win. Moms have to win :-)

June 16, 2007  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Momma said there'd be days like this....and on and on! LOL! Gotta laugh as to cry sometimes, don't we?

June 17, 2007  
Blogger june cleaver said...

Good to know you are human...
:) Cris

June 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now these days I am more than a little familiar with! Praying for an outpouring of grace upon your family :-)

June 18, 2007  
Blogger Suzanne Temple said...

Great picture to go with this hilarious post!

June 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but it was so nice while it lasted!

June 19, 2007  
Blogger Henny Penny said...

ROFL! :o)

June 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home