Sunday, August 26, 2007

Another view of the protest



Here is the best YouTube montage I have seen of the protest. It really captures the immensity of the crowd and the prayerful atmosphere. WARNING there are some close up of the graphic abortion signs used in the Face the Truth part of the tour. I don't want you to be caught by surprise.

Toward the end there is a picture of a small boy in a plaid shirt holding a sign of Jesus. That is my 9 year old son. He was right on the corner of a busy street. He volunteered for the job, and I was there with him for a while, but I was just so proud of him. My older son was holding a big sign in the Face the Truth part of the tour, which he did several times over the summer. I am also very proud of him, both for his convictions during the Face the Truth tour, as well as for joining me tonight at the clinic for an hour of prayer.

My girls and the little ones prayed for an hour at the prayer section of the protest, then joined the picket for another hour.

All in all, a very inspiring day. We are all saying, "Let's do it again" and since this huge rally was organized in only a couple of weeks, just think what we could do with some more time? We'll be back!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

What a beautiful witness.

August 27, 2007  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

That was an awesome protest! How cool to see people of all ages. If that had been held here the media would have covered the pro-aborts and made it seem like they were numerous while making the pro-life people seem like kooks.

May God bless you for your defense of the unborn!

August 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watching each of these clips sent chills down my spine (in a good way), but this last one actually brought tears to my eyes! I'm so proud of your family, and I wish I could've been out there with you! It was so touching to see G. out there with that sign; what a trooper! Seeing all of this brought me back to my college days of praying outside PP San Francisco. Just hearing one person honk in support as he or she drove by was reward in itself, despite having received numerous head shakings, yells, and flippings-off. Keep up the good work, and we'll keep you in our prayers.

August 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If just one person changed their mind, the protest was a success. My prayers are with yours!

In our local news, a "fetus" was found in a sewage treatment plant...

August 29, 2007  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Oh! I so wish I could be there with my family to support all of you and to spread the truth. Thank you for being there and keeping us informed of what becomes of the protest.

August 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home