Monday, June 18, 2007

The first annual icon workshop for adolecents is apporaching!

I am busily preparing for my icon workshop, beginning this Saturday. I now have 12 pupils, and I am beginning to get a little nervous. It's going to be great, I think, but busy. And and unknown quantity as far as the student population goes. I have students from age 10 to 15, and one mom. I have 3 of the students staying with me the for the week because they live so far away, so that in itself will be interesting (two of them are relatives, one an old friend). It's going to be fun and challenging, and should give me great opportunities for some reflections and updates. But I may be a little scarce the rest of this week as I prepare. Any advice would be appreciated regarding any of the things I'll be handling this week. Food, chores, discipline, prayerful environment while remaining relevant to this age children, etc.

Many blessings to you all~

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You go girl!

No advice here. I think you'll be great. I'll keep you all in our prayers tonight!

June 19, 2007  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

I'm with Alexa, you got it! No worries! Just pray! How cool is this- icon workshops for young people! Wish I could have gone at that age. Heck can I come anyway? LOL

June 20, 2007  
Blogger Byzantine, TX said...

Take pictures!

June 20, 2007  
Blogger owenswain said...

I wish you the very, very, very (did I say very?) best with this.

O ::thrive luminousmiseries || onionboy.ca

June 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that I would join your class in a heartbeat if it was feasable for me to fly over to your country and do so!

All the very best with this, I'm so proud of you for following through with what was a mere thought once upon a time.

You're going to be just fine, I have no doubt about it.

My only advice is for you to take lot's and lot's of pictures and post them here when you can :-)

Perhaps you could set up a separate blog specifically for your Iconography and the courses you put on and include lot's of visual imagery. This could be the begining of something spectacular!

June 21, 2007  
Blogger Henny Penny said...

Praying for you! Especially since you will have all those extra kiddies! :o)

June 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home