Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ever have a party because your room was finally clean?

Much has been accomplished around crazyacres in the last week. For the last 3 nights, we have had a celebration that all the rooms are clean, even under the bed, at the same time. All clean laundry is put away. Many large containers are ready to take to Goodwill. We are mostly packed for our camping trip on Monday, and ready to entertain dh's brother and sister-in-law Friday through Sunday. I have lists typed out and in sheet protectors, I have a menu ready, and all the school bookcases organized. Whew.

Two nights ago, I had a "party" in my room. I bought a new alarm clock, as our old one wore out from all the pounding of the snooze button. The new one has a CD player, so I put on a little Nat King Cole, lit a few candles, and enjoyed the solitude. The kids were all in bed, there was lightening in the night sky, and the music was smooth. In a few minutes, I had company.

My three year old ds came in dragging his pillow. "I want yoouuu." He doesn't like lightening, and so he snuggled in under the covers. Next, baby was fussy, and the five year old dd brought her in, and decided to stay. Then I saw a medium sized head peeking in our door, and it was 9 year old dd, who asked, "Can we come in?" "We" being she and my 10 year old dd, as they do pretty much everything together and use "we" much more than "I".

Next, my eldest child, 12 year old ds, peeked in and found a spot. I sent him to go get his 7 year old brother as I didn't want him to be left out, but he was already asleep. So we all hung out, listening to music, watching the candle light bounce off the ceiling, with the soothing sound of a few people sucking their thumbs in the background. Finally, dh came in, wondering where I had gone, and said, "Wow, we have alot of kids." I reminded him we were even missing one, and all of a sudden, we both felt the joy of abundance. You know, you get all caught up in the work and worry of things, and then overlook the 'why' and 'how' of all this work and worry. Where did these little people come from, and how is it we are so graced as to be their parents? The abundance of it all is overwhelming at times, and it literally brings tears to our eyes. Truly, the Holy Spirit is in all places, and fills all things.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

What a wonderful, warm and cozy picture you painted with words here! Children are indeed a blessing.

August 11, 2005  
Blogger rita said...

This post brought happy warm tears to my eyes. Yes, the abundance of it all is overwhelming and awesome. Thanks for sharing. I love large families.

August 11, 2005  
Blogger Essy said...

Boy you sure know how to make a woman jealous! All those kid size blessings and you have a clean house too...WOW! God bless!

August 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a clever post. But this post ends up a primer on marital chastity! LOL! I loved it, I could almost see all the little stinkers creeping in.

August 11, 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, absolutely wonderful. I know your joy.

August 14, 2005  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

how sweet and so dear. you are richly blessed.

August 15, 2005  
Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

The last time everything at my house was "perfect" was about a week before my first child was born. - That was 1989! I've been close several times but never really all there yet! Glad to know that it's not impossible LOL!

September 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home